Birth certificate is an important and most demanding certificate, which is issued after the birth of a child from different authorities. The birth certificate shows names, date, time and place of birth of any individual with some other information. NADRA has developed a special system to prepare and issue fully computerized NADRA birth certificate for Pakistani people. But NADRA does not issue NADRA birth certificate directly to the individuals.
Pakistani computerized NADRA birth certificate can be issued from following authorities depending upon the address and area where you live:
- Union Council
- TMA Office
- Cantonment Board Office
- Capital Development Authority (CDA) Islamabad
Requirements to obtain NADRA birth certificate:
- Copy of child’s hospital birth certificate
- Affidavit (duly attested by Notary Public)
- Copy of father’s CNIC
- Copy of mother’s CNIC
- Copies of passport from father and mother (in case of Foreigners)
- Copy of paternal grandfather’s CNIC
- Midwife affidavit (in case birth at home)
- Copy of child’s old (manual) birth certificate (if applicable)
Sample image of NADRA birth certificate:
Steps to follow for issuance of computerized NADRA birth certificate:
- Visit the relevant issuing office from above list depending upon your current residence address. NADRA issues NADRA birth certificate from local union councils to the individuals, who are living in all major cities like Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Hyderabad, and Peshawar through their NADRA installed systems. NADRA marriage certificate is issued to the residents of cantonment areas from cantonment board offices, and for residents of many small cities, they can get NADRA birth certificate from TMA offices. The residents of Islamabad can obtain their NADRA birth certificates from CDA office.
- Fill application form for birth certificate. The applicants can get application form from same issuing office and they fill in all necessary information to the NADRA authorities. They can also check the sample of application form to understand its contents.
- Attach all required documents with application form. Concerned department can ask for any additional document other than above list of required documents. If the applicant does not have any document mentioned in above list, they can get NADRA birth certificate. The applicant needs to visit the issuing office and ask for the alternate.
- Submit application form, supporting documents and official fee in same issuing office. In the issuing office, there is relevant officer, who will tell you about official fees of NADRA birth certificate after reviewing their documents.
- Collect your computerized NADRA birth certificate on given date from same issuing office. NADRA birth certificate is issued within 3-5 working days in normal situation if they provide all required documents but this period can vary in different circumstances.
- While receiving your NADRA birth certificate, make sure that all contents are accurate. The applicants can re-check the particulars on birth certificate and match them with their official documents. They can ask for correction if there is any type of mistake made by issuing office.
Comments and feedback is welcomed to improve this article. Share it with your friends if you find it helpful.