Marriage certificate is the official document to show the marriage of two persons. The applicants can get two types of the marriage certificate, which are available in Pakistan. The applicants can get the manual marriage certificate, which is also known as Nikkah Nama in Urdu and the second is fully computerized NADRA marriage certificate.
Nikkah Nama / Manual marriage certificate
The married people can get the manual nikkah nama from the same nikkah khawan, who performs the nikkah rituals religiously with the official stamp and signature of the registered nikkah khawan.
Nikkah Nama is the mandatory and an important document, which shows all necessary and important information about the bridegroom, bride and witnesses and also includes all necessary religious rituals.
NADRA marriage certificate
NADRA marriage certificate is the computerized documents, which is added with the necessary information about the married couple in Urdu and English languages. NADRA has also developed the special system just like birth certificate for the provision of marriage certificate based on the information provided to NADRA authorities. The marriage certificate of NADRA authority is not issued directly.
Pakistan NADRA marriage certificate can be issued from following authorities in Pakistan depending upon the address and area where you live:
- Union Council
- TMA Office
- Cantonment Board Office
- Arbitration Council in Islamabad
Requirements to obtain NADRA marriage certificate:
- Copy of nikkah nama / manual marriage certificate
- Copy of CNIC from bride
- Copy of CNIC from bridegroom
- Copy of father’s CNIC from bride & bridegroom
- Copy of CNIC from nikkah khawan (molvi)
- Copies of passport in case anyone from bride or bridegroom is foreigner
Sample image of NADRA marriage certificate:
Steps to follow for issuance of NADRA marriage certificate:
- Arrange all required documents and visit the relevant issuing office from above list depending upon your current residence address. Computerized marriage certificate issued by NADRA is provided through local union councils in all major cities like Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Hyderabad, and Peshawar through NADRA installed systems on a special paper. The residents of cantonment areas and of the small cities can obtain marriage certificate from cantonment board offices or TMA offices. The residents of Islamabad can obtain their NADRA marriage certificates from Arbitration Council office.
- Concerned issuing office will ask you to fill an application form for NADRA marriage certificate. The applicants can get the application form from issuing office. They can also check the sample application form from the website and fill it completely and submit to the same office.
- Submit your documents along-with filled application form and official fee in same issuing office.
- Collect your NADRA marriage certificate on given date from same issuing office. NADRA issues the NADRA marriage certificate within 3 to 5 working days in the normal situation, if the applicant provides all necessary documents to NADRA authorities. In different circumstances, the period can be varied.
- Make sure that all contents of your NADRA marriage certificate are accurate. When the applicants receive the marriage certificate, they need to re-check particulars on marriage certificate and match them with their official documents. They can ask for correction if there is any type of mistake made by the issuing office.
Comments and feedback is welcomed to improve this article. Share it with your friends if you find it helpful.